Architectural History Tours, Courses & Lectures
Consulting on Historical Architecture
Editing & Co-authoring
Reports & Proposals
Training & Marketing Materials for Medical Products & Services
Marketing Tools for Architects & Engineers
One-on-One Business Writing Coaching
Video Writing and Producing
Do you need a video? Richard can help!
Richard is an award-winning video writer and producer. He will work with you and a video production company to identify your intended audiences, outline your message, and develop a budget. With this basic information, Richard will submit a comprehensive project plan for your approval. Then, with the groundwork laid, Richard will work with you to write and refine a script -- and to coordinate production. Your message can reach its audiences via DVD, TV, internet, and/or laptop. Here are some of Richard‚s more than 40 video projects:
- For the Minnesota Office of the Secretary of State: Wrote scripts for videos that trained election judges and inspired citizens to vote for the 2004 and 2006 elections.
Click to view video
- For the Minnesota Department of Transportation (Minneapolis): Since 1991, provided ongoing services that resulted in fourteen videos on civil engineering and infrastructure issues; several of these videos have won awards from the Minnesota Council of Consulting Engineers, the National Association of County Engineers, the National Association of Government Communicators, and the Society for Technical Communication.
• Frost Damage in Pavement
• How About a Roundabout?
• Roads and Loads
• Pavement Management Systems
- For Cross Telecom, Inc. (Minneapolis): Wrote a corporate image video for this dynamic, growing company.
- For tpt (Twin Cities public television): Wrote and appeared on-screen in a segment of the program "Only In Minnesota" to interpret the architecture of the only gas station designed by Frank Lloyd Wright (in Cloquet, Minnesota). This program, created in 1992, is a perennial favorite and has been re-broadcast dozens of time.
- For the College of Architecture and Landscape Architecture, University of Minnesota (Minneapolis): Researched and co-wrote the script for a half-hour television program on Prairie School architects Purcell & Elmslie...wrote the script for a half-hour video on the work of town planner Gordon Cullen, which is used as a teaching tool in architecture schools.
- For the U.S. Federal Highway Administration: Wrote scripts for three videos on how to use pavement testing equipment.
- For the Center for Transportation Studies (component of the University of Minnesota): Wrote and co-produced a DVD used throughout North America to train highway workers on gravel road maintenance.
- For Onan Corporation (Minneapolis): Wrote scripts for four audio programs that inform salespeople on how to sell to the electric power industry.
- For Boston Scientific Corporation (Minneapolis): Wrote the script for a multimedia presentation at an annual sales meeting, two training videos on the company's products, and wrote scripts for two recruiting videos.
- For St. Jude Medical, Inc. (St. Paul): Wrote scripts for three marketing videos on heart valve products.
- For Velocimed, Inc. (Minneapolis): Served as writer/executive producer to create FDA-approved training videos (and related materials) for two new cardiology products going into clinical trials.