- Won awards for video writing and producing from the Minnesota Council of Consulting Engineers, the National Association of County Engineers, the National Association of Government Communicators, and the Society for Technical Communication.
- Founded With Respect to Architecture, the newsletter of the Minnesota Chapter of the Society of Architectural Historians, and edited the publication, 1988-93.
- President of the Minnesota Chapter of the Society of Architectural Historians, 1995-96.
- Newsletter editor of the international Society of Architectural Historians, 1993-94.
- Current member of the board of directors of Preserve Minneapolis, an organization dedicated to promoting and celebrating the city's historic architectural and cultural resources.
- Editor-in-chief of Minneapolis Historical, a guide to historic architecture in the city.
- Perennial volunteer as a judge in competitions sponsored by CINE International (business video awards).