|I have been a professional writer for more than three decades, producing technical and marketing materials for engineers, architects, and other professionals. My approach to all projects is:
- Listen and learn from my client about the topics to be covered and the audiences to whom we will communicate.
- Work with my client to plan content, delivery methods, and the draft-and-review process.
- Work with my client as we go through the agreed-upon draft-and-review process to create the planned communication products.
- Presented more than 30 lectures and courses on the history of architecture for universities, art museums, and arts associations.
- Planned and led more than 40 architecture tours in the Midwest and in Europe.
- Editor-in-chief of Minneapolis Historical, an online guide to historic architecture.
- Wrote more than 100 articles published in magazines, professional journals, newsletters, and websites.
- Wrote or edited business proposals that have won clients more than 600 million dollars in projects.
- Wrote scripts for, and in many cases also produced, more than 40 training and marketing videos.
- Wrote user documentation (paper and online) for more than a dozen medical and computer software products.
- Planned and wrote materials for more than a dozen sales, marketing, and technical training courses.
- Presented more than 1,000 1-day and 2-day business writing and technical writing seminars in the U.S., Canada, the United Kingdom, Ireland, Germany, the Netherlands, Australia, New Zealand, and Hong Kong.
- Wrote copy for dozens of advertisements.
- Wrote and designed dozens of brochures and marketing materials.
- Developed engineering documentation control systems for two high-tech companies.